The Springsteen Sessions
The Authentic Sound of The Boss and the E Street Band
SATURDAY 1ST APRIL 2017
Over 18s only
No Support Act
Please note due to The Electric Circus closing this event will now take place at The Citrus Club
Formed in Glasgow in 2010, The Springsteen Sessions have built up a strong following in Scotland and increasingly in England as an energetic and dynamic 7-piece band who faithfully recreate the excitement and drive of The Boss and The E Street Band. They have performed to critical acclaim at a variety of club and theatre venues, and are in regular demand for festival appearances at venues like Belladrum, Fringe By The Sea (North Berwick) and Marvellous (Reading).
They are not a tribute band that attempt to look like the original band ; they are a homage to the music of one of the most iconic performers of the last forty years, and they feature music from the earliest period of his career right through to the most recent recordings.
Audiences love the drive and effort that are hallmarks of the band’s performances, and they leave the venues enthralled, exhausted and exhilarated by the amazing show that the band puts on. Think Stone Pony in New Jersey about 1975 and you’ll not be too far away !!
All the anthems, all the classics, all the hits and selected album rarities are there in a stunning and spectacular two-hour-plus show which has fans leaving the venue wanting more !!! … this is a must for fans of The Boss, but also for all fans of rock music at its finest, performed with energy and attention to detail. Don’t just take our word for it - you need to be at The Citrus Club to see and hear for yourself !!
The Springsteen Sessions : ' The Citrus Club, Grindlay Street, Edinburgh ( opposite Lyceum Theatre) 7.30pm
What the customers said ...
• ‘ Fantastic. Saw you guys last week and thoroughly enjoyed the gig . Great songs and a very Springsteen/
E Street Band feel to it. Brilliant !’ (Gary O’Neill, Glasgow)
• ‘You’s were amazing tonight at the Ironworks Inverness – at the front all night !! Thomas you were so great ! Can’t believe how talented you all are ! Thank you for an amazing night . Feet still sore from dancing, throat sore from singing along. Come back soon ! x (Kelly Urquhart)
• ‘Absolutely fantastic gig on Saturday night. Chances to see legends like the Boss are pretty few and far between so the next best thing is a top tribute act, and you did the man, his music his energy and feeling proud. Next time you play here, I’ll be forcibly dragging people in to see you. Cheers !’ (Scottie Boy, Dundee)
• TOTALLY AWESOME !!!. that’s it ! ( bossfan, East Kilbride)
• ‘Fantastic show tonight ! My wife and I were totally knocked out by the sound of you guys ! We will definitely be at your next show’ (Arch, East Kilbride)
• ‘I don’t normally do tribute bands, but I had heard such good things about The Springsteen Sessions that I thought I would give them a go. I am so glad I did !! As a dyed-in-the-wool Springsteen fan of 35 years or so, I was a bit apprehensive as to whether or not the band could really pull it off and come anywhere near the sound of The Boss. However, from the opening notes of Radio Nowhere and uncanny vocals from Dougie, it was clear that this was going to be something special. The band stormed through a blistering set of Springsteen classics ranging from Darkness on The Edge of Town, Tenth Avenue Freeze Out, Thunder Road, Cover Me, Dancing In The Dark, Rosalita, The River, The Rising and many many more !! To say I was impressed would be a massive understatement !! This band are something special. Dougie on lead vocals sounds spookily like The Boss. Musically the band were virtually note perfect on every song and deserve huge credit for it ! Highlight of the night was the band’s performance of Jungleland ..... absolutely bang on the money. Brilliant vocals, quality keyboards, bass and rhythm guitar riffs, pounding drum beats and outstanding saxophone. If you are looking for a really good night out and a band that can deliver a quality Springsteen performance, get yourself along to see The Springsteen Sessions !! ‘ ( Scooter and The Big Man, Glasgow Cottiers Theatre)
• Superb gig last night ... Really really good band – very tight. You all looked like it was a blast too ... sax player awesome. Fantastic –great to be there – you were all buzzing – u could see it. ‘( PP, The Voodoo Rooms)‘
• The Springsteen Sessions were brilliant last night. First time I’ve felt The Voodoo Rooms floor bounce ! The band was brilliant ... the front man was excellent. Good patter and voice. Very impressed by the whole thing. Sound was great as well’ (DM, The Voodoo Rooms)